CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Moon Festival

Today is Moon Festival Day in my country, it's also called Mid-Autumn Festival. It is held on 15th day of August follow Lunar calendar, around in the end of September or early October. It is said that for a long time ago, when human still depended on agriculture mostly, farmer often celebrated the end of harvesting season on this day and hope for the up-coming abundant crop. On this day,  the moon is completely circle and it looks very nice, obviously.

Moon cake which is made from powder, eggs and yellow or green bean is the traditional food for this Festival. There are various kinds of Moon cake with different shapes to satisfy customers but it still based on the main ingredients above.

In my country, there are many activities for people, especially for the youth. One important event is lion dance, and it is often performed by non-professional children. Lion dance is shown on the street and got support from a lot of people. Children are also in a group with their lanterns and go around to make a beautiful sparkling line. Other youth can transform their selves by many kinds of masks and dresses. Some like to gather with friends to eat Moon Cakes and enjoy seeing the Moon. I myself on this day love to stay at home with my family, taste the food and watch our beloved programs. Although I am getting older and Mid-Autumn seems not suitable for me much, I still love to see how people prepare for this day, how children are eager for it and how my family gathers. I miss it now!

0 comments: